Cyber technology capabilities have become central to National strategic outlook. As India’s aspires to become a Trillion Dollar Digital economy, enhancing our preparedness and securing Cyber Space is a key national priority. There is a need for a concerted effort in developing critical technology capabilities in the country for India’s geopolitical advantage. Start-ups, enterprises, academia, researchers, and R&D institutes in the country need to synergise their efforts and work in tandem to achieve this national goal.
With this view, National Cyber Security Coordinator’s office, Government of India, partnered with Data Security Council of India to conceptualize a ‘National Technology Capability Repository’ and this gave rise to TechSagar which was formally launched by Lt. Gen (Dr) Rajesh Pant, National Cyber Security Coordinator of India, in the presence of Prof. Amitava Sen Gupta, Tech Repository PRSG chair, and other dignitaries on Monday, 21st October 2019.
The portal can be accessed at: www.techsagar.in
TechSagar – India’s Cybertech Repository,designed and developed by DSCI, is a consolidated & comprehensive repository, a Data Mining & Analytics driven technology platform which enables targeted search, aggregated and drilldown views for actionable insights capabilities of the Indian Industry, Academia & Research; across 25 technology areas like IoT, AI/ML, Block Chain, Cloud & Virtualisation, Robotics & Automation, AR/VR, Wireless & Networking, and more.
As of now, the repository features 4000+ entities from Industry, Academia & Research including large enterprises, start-ups, R&D institutes and individual researchers, providing a country level view of nation’s Cybertech capabilities. The repository defines 3000 niche capability terms. Capability mapping has been done at product level for the industry and enterprises which allows to locate & comprehend 9000+ products, solutions and services. In addition to this, key investments and fund flows in various technology areas and companies have also been made available, subject to availability in public domain.
TechSagar is a dynamic platform and shall be frequently updated with new entities and information to maintain its relevancy and usefulness. The repository facilitates several opportunities to collaborate, connect and innovate, and also endeavours to provide direction for a strategic cyber roadmap of the country in R&D, industry development, and strengthening the preparedness of National Security.
How can TechSagar benefit you in your technology journey?
TechSagar provides aggregated and drilldown views for actionable insights of the Indian industry, academia & research; across 25 technology areas like IoT, AI/ML, Blockchain, cloud & virtualization, robotics & automation, AR/VR, wireless & networking, and more.
The repository provides 5000+ products and solutions, 3000+ capability definition, 2100+ entities, 1200+ individual researchers, 350+ academic institutions and 40+ R&D institutes. It is backed by National Cyber Security Coordinator’s office, Government of India in partnership with Data Security Council of India.
TechSagar aims to provide the following:
- A map of critical tech capabilities existing in the country
- Individuals, entities & intuitions engaged in critical tech capabilities
- Ways for searching, querying, filtering & analysing capabilities for different purposes
- Connect with nationwide cyber security entities and experts on need basis
- Improve targeting and productivity in the investment made for capability building
- Ascertain the capability baseline of Tech areas & variations around it
How to use TechSagar platform ?
- Register on TechSagar and explore India’s Cybertech capability
- Once registered, you can view capability and offerings of other entities and explore leading researchers in the given capability area
- Additionally, TechSagar can be used by researchers, individuals, entities and academic institutions to get featured in TechSagar
- “Feature me” helps to promote your capabilities in the given 25 technology areas